Sunday, October 08, 2006

Our first trip back home

We decided on Friday to head back to Monroe. My friend and co-worker from AFPG was getting married Saturday. Back before we moved, I had told her I would photograph her wedding for her. I wasn't going to be able to make it, and I hated disappointing her. So Friday, I asked Chris if he wanted to go to Monroe and he said yes. We got into Monroe around midnight. Chris spent Saturday with his friends and family, and I went to shoot the wedding. My friend Carolyn volunteered to help me and boy was I ever grateful!!! She does much better wedding work than I do, so I knew we'd be able to give Cherri some great shots. Carolyn is a wonderful photographer and it was so sweet of her to help me. After the wedding, we went to Carnads in West Monroe for the reception dinner. Fancy place! I'd never been there before. Cherri was beautiful in her gown, the wedding was so sweet and simple. I love it when they're that way. The more decorations, songs, attendants you have, the more I feel it takes away from the meaning of the event. I'll wait until Cherri and Brad return from their cruise to post any pictures.

The trip home was great. Think that was just what we needed. We had a great visit with his parents! His mom made us bacon, fried eggs, bisquits and some grits for breakfast Saturday morning. She put on a roast also for us to eat Sunday. She makes a great tender roast! I don't eat the carrots, but the potatoes are wonderful!

Chris' niece Kailey was there this weekend, so we got to see her. We talked to her on the phone while we were in the road. They said she konked out before we got there and her last words were "Is uncle Chris coming?" and the first thing she asked the next morning was where was uncle chris!! She loves her uncle Chris!! She's getting so big! She'll be 5 in a couple of months and she wants a pink 4 wheeler! (she'll probably get it too!!!)

Well, I'm heading to bed. Night!

No comments: