Saturday, October 21, 2006

Workshop with Jerry Avenaim

On Friday the 13th I had the evening workshop with Jerry Avenaim. This was the early birthday present from Chris. It was great! I learned alot at the evening seminar. He showed us some of his work, and told us how he acheived that shot. Gave away alot of his secrets. I really admire him for that. I've met some photographers that don't want to share what they know at all. I don't know all there is to know, and probably never will, but I share what I do know with others.

The saturday workshop was a "hands-on" experience. Jerry set up the lighting for the shots, told us how he would meter, what settings he would use, shot off a few shots, then gave each of us a turn shooting the models. The models were in lingerie, which made the guys that were at the workshop very happy. I wasn't embarassed by the models clothing, but I was uncomfortable telling her how to pose.

I took a few shots of the model using the settings that I would normally use so that I could compare it when using the lighting and the new settings. The difference was HUGE! I'll post some photos, but I'm warning you now about the lingerie.

Here is one using the normal settings with no light (the way I normally shoot)

This is the one using Jerry's light set up and the settings that he would use with his camera

I met a very nice guy there by the name of Duane Allen Clark. He was kind enough to take a few shots of me while I was photographing the model.

here is a photo of me with Jerry Avenaim

No comments: