Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Countdown has begun.....

The countdown has begun for us to move home to Louisiana. Chris has taken a job and will leave this weekend so he can start work on March 3rd. The company he is going to work for has also hired me, but I will not be leaving until the end of March. We have to give a 30 day notice on the house and there's a lot of packing to be done!!!

We're both excited but a little sad to move back home. It was a really great experience for us, and a chance for us to be a couple and I think it brought us much closer. Chris and I have always had a good relationship, but being out here on our own with only each other to fall back on has really deepened our love. (i know...sappy)

We have had a lot of fun here, made friends and had a gorgeous home to live in. Chris has learned a new trade, I've learned new photography skills and we've seen some beautiful scenery. Now it's time to go home.....

The last year was rough being away from family, especially when things got really bad and we couldn't go be with our loved ones. When we did get to go home, we felt rushed because we wanted to be able to see everyone and sometimes couldn't. HAHA now that we're going to be moving home, I don't think we'll be as popular any more!

While we are sad to be leaving....there are a lot of reasons for us to be happy to be going home....Family being #1 on that list! We've missed out on a lot of things and being gone has made us appreciate our families more.

We also both have new jobs to be going home to. I'm sad that I can't go back to AFPG, but they have no opening for me, so I will start a new adventure. I also have some great things lined up for my photography business!!! I'm really excited about that! I have many more contacts and chances to grow the business in Louisiana.

We have talked about having a huge family get together this summer similar to how we did our wedding. I'll let everyone know when that happens!

Look for us soon coming to a town near you!!! haha

No comments: